You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Ask for your personal data

You can ask for a copy of your personal data by making a Subject Access Request (SAR) under the UK General Data Protection Regulation. To do this you can:

  • complete a Subject Access Request form and return it by email or post
  • send an email to
  • call us on 0300 020 0040 to request a form
  • write to Disclosure Scotland at:

Data Protection Team (SAR)
Disclosure Scotland
PO Box 250
G51 1YU

You'll need to provide at least two of the following documents as proof of identity:

  • passport
  • driving licence
  • birth certificate (or certificated copy)
  • two official letters such as a bank statement or utility bill dated within the last six months

What happens next

Disclosure Scotland will write to you with a reference number for your application. You should get the information you asked for within one month.

If you’d like more information about how Disclosure Scotland uses your data please see our privacy statement.

You can also read more about your access rights by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office page on your right of access.

Back to top